Fedora 20 K3B broken

Paul Erickson va7nt at telus.net
Wed Jun 25 14:58:09 UTC 2014

On 25/06/14 06:00 AM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Paul Erickson wrote:
>
>> I don't know exactly when this happened, but today when I tried to use
>> K3B, I get the following error:
>>
>> [paul at paul Desktop]$ k3b
>> k3b: error while loading shared libraries: libproj.so.0: cannot open
>> shared object file: No such file or directory
>>

>> A search for libproj.so.0: reveals that it is on the system.
>>
>> [paul at paul Desktop]$ whereis libproj.so.0
>> libproj.so: /usr/lib/libproj.so.0
>> [paul at paul Desktop]$
>>
>> Any ideas how I can fix this? I have tried reinstalling K3B and the
>> problem persists.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
> yum install proj
>
> (something on your system is claiming to provide libproj.so, but actually
> doesn't, like the real 'proj' package does)
>
> rpm -q --whatprovides 'libproj.so.0'
>
> will give a clue.
>
> -- Rex

Thanks Rex,

That took care of it. Thanks for the time and attention.

cheers, Paul - VA7NT - email: va7nt at telus.net

"Those who hear not the music, think the dancers mad."

"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil." - Thomas Mann

"That state which separates its warriors from its scholars will have its thinking done by cowards and fighting done by fools"
- Thucydides - The Pelopenisia

"The Malice of the wicked is reinforced by the weakness of the virtuous."
- Churchill