Dell Inspiron 1545 touchpad suddenly s-l-o-w

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 22:11:34 UTC 2014

Hi,

You can see your installed updates within yum history, and look for
touchpad drivers, and other drivers too. But most of the drivers are
inside the KERNEL, therefore a kernel is also suspect. I'm sure we can
narrow down the amount of packages - if you provide more information
like your current kernel version, dmesg - fpaste link.. maybe I can
say more.

HTH.

Zoltan

> The latest updates--pushed yesterday--cause the touchpad on my Dell Inspiron
> 1545 to run v-e-r-y s-l-o-w.
>
> It was so bad, I tried to reinstall Fedora.
>
> At first the reinstall restored the swift movement of the touchpad pointer.
>
> But as soon as it took the updates, everything slowed down once again.
>
> When I run in Setup, the touchpad cursor moves swiftly. But not when Fedora
> is loaded.
>
> What a time for this to happen. I simply cannot use it for any kind of
> presentation in the shape it's in.
>
> What package might I possibly be able to roll back until somebody fixes the
> problem?
>
> Temlakos
> --

PGP:  06853DF7