Most Efficient Network File sharing protocol?

Roger Heflin rogerheflin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 03:08:23 UTC 2014

use nfs...but make sure you *read* from a nfs mount of the data and
write to local disk.

Note that to make a network filesystem safe during writing that it is
going to usually be slower, and because of that reading is
significantly faster than writing.

And in general if you are using small files all of the transfer
method's speeds will be horrible (mb/second), and the rates will break
down to files per second rather than mb/second, and if you are really
lucky you will get 100files/second...