Can't install ƒ20

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Wed Mar 5 23:42:59 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 05, 2014 at 11:02:42PM +0100, Frode, maillister wrote:
> On 05. march 2014 16:58, Liam Proven wrote:
<snippage>
> >Is it me, or is the installer just not flexible enough to cope with
> >this sort of scenario?
>
> The designers/developers have apparently decided to prioritize ease
> of use at the expense of some of the "advanced" features, thinking
> that those who do things differently know how to do it.

Well, in my opinion, if ease of use was their goal, then they missed
it by a mile. Particularly in the disk partitioning section, they leave
you to stumble around trying to figure out how to step thru it with
no guidance. for example (from memory), you go to the disk partitioning
page and make your selectioins, then what do you do? there are choices,
and not all of them are the correct next step. At least some of the time,
the proper thing to do seems to be to click "done", as non-intuitive as
that seems, since you're obviously NOT done yet..., especially if you
want to reclaim previously used space.

At least the old Anaconda guided you thru it step by step.

  Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government there will be no end. He
 will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding