Can't install ƒ20

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 23:55:17 UTC 2014

>Is it me, or is the installer just not flexible enough to cope with
>this sort of scenario?

I've worked out a wonderful way to install fedora these days
so that I no longer have to worry about what in the Sam Hill
anaconda is likely to do to my computer:

I install in a virtual machine where nothing can hurt my real
system, then I use the guestfs tools to copy the new installation
to the exact partitions I want it in, edit the fstab and grub
configs to point to the new partitions, and boot with the
configfile option from a separate stand alone grub2 partition
I have installed.

Aside from protecting my system from the combination of
anaconda and humans who can't tell what anaconda is
likely to do, this also allows me to install a new fedora
with my system up the entire time, rather than being
dedicated to running the installer the whole time.