Thunderbird problem -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Mar 6 15:36:25 UTC 2014

On 03/06/14 06:52, Frode Petersen wrote:
> Den 06. mars 2014 09:41, skrev Bob Goodwin:
>> All I did was delete a bunch of extraneous stuff from "Mail" that I kept
>> rsyncing between Thunderbird/computers, specifically;
>>
>> /pop.juno.com
>> /smart mailboxes
>>
>> I see no connection there, but obviously something has happened. I
>> couldn't see anything in "Config" that looked as though it might help.
>
> Have you tried creating a new tbird profile, to see if you get the
> same error?
>
> Frode Petersen

Thunderbird/gmail would not allow a second user with the same name and
that got to be a hassle. So I saved the Mail files to the NFS server. I
then, removed /home/bobg/.thunderbird, yum removed and then re-installed
thunderbird. Copied the Mail files back from NFS. Curiously I still had
the same problem until I rebooted this computer after which the status
bar display returned to normal and I could once more see the connection
information as it occurred.

Before that rebooting had no effect ...

I don't know what was wrong but the problem is fixed and I have the
display I wanted.

Oh, while this computer was displaying the problem a second one set up
identically, using the same Mail file loaded from NFS worked normally.

So the problem cleared while testing. :-(

Thanks all,

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD