All-in-one laser printer recommendation

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 15 16:32:51 UTC 2014

On 03/15/14 19:45, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> I'm on the lookout for a reliable all-in-one mono laser printer to use
> under Fedora. Must be networked, preferably wireless, and both print
> and scan functions must be supported with standard tools (CUPS etc.)
>
> The Samsung  Xpress M2070W looks like a good all-rounder but I'm
> unsure about Linux support. Google seems to show a variety of
> opinions.
>
> Anyone have one of these beasties, or have an alternative to recommend?

i never have and never will recommend any 'all-in-one'.

regardless of what brand you get, something you should consider about
'all-in-one', what happens when you lose power supply? all is lost.

as for recommendation, get individual units. way less expensive to
replace/repair when they break.

granted, you will pay more for individual units, but less expensive
to replace if you have to.

as for type of printer, laser does give better quality.

for scanner, go with a 'legal' size.

--

peace out.

tc.hago.