poweroff command reboots?

Aero Maxx aero.maxx.d at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 09:07:33 UTC 2014

On 21/03/2014 21:42, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 21 March 2014 20:07, Aero Maxx <aero.maxx.d at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> I have an issue where the poweroff command reboots my system.
>>
>> Using /sbin/shutdown -h also reboot the system.
>>
>> I am unsure whats causing this or how to go about finding the cause, I am
>> not sure if its something I have done when I installed fedora or not.
>>
>> Pressing the power button on the front of my cause also makes the system
>> reboot and not shutdown as expected.
>
> Has it always done this or is it a new problem?
>
> In the past, on other Linuxes, I've found that a firmware update can
> help with this - as does running the latest available kernel. ACPI is
> usually responsible & it's a compatibility minefield for non-Windows
> OSes.

It's always done this since fedora 17, but I have only ever upgraded
with fedup so I just figured I was taking the problem with me, ideally
I'd like to get to the bottom of it and fix it.

I am running the latest version of the kernel, as for the firmware
update I'm not sure if this has been done or not, or what firmware I
should be trying to update.

I do yum update very regularly.

Thank you
Daniel.