my stupid users trick -- the Firefox issue from earlier this month.wq

Bill Oliver vendor at billoblog.com
Mon Mar 24 21:45:26 UTC 2014

On Tue, 25 Mar 2014, g wrote:

> which leads to a question, did this problem start after an
> upgrade, update or addition of an add-on?
>
> ria, such factors could also lead to solution.
>
> hth.
>
> my apologies.
>
> much luck in finding solution.

It happened after doing one of those "you have 1 billion upgrades
waiting, continue?" things that I get every now and then.  I'll admit I
tend to just hit "yes" rather than carefully look at all zillion of the
files that is in yum updates.

And, yeah, I have about a billion addons, too.  And they haven't always
played well together in the past.  In particular some of the security
addons futz with the addons that run a lot of scripts.  And, oddly, it
makes a difference in which *order* the addons are added.

I was kinda hoping to avoid testing each of my addons for being a bad
actor.

billo