video shimmer

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Fri Mar 28 16:31:11 UTC 2014

I changed KVMs today, a more modern version of my IOGear USB switch. The
three Windows machines on it look perfect. My Fedora machine has
shimmering or vibrating effects around the edges of windows, fonts, and
icons. The screen is viewable but really annoying. I'm running an NVidia
9500 card and it had been using the Nouveau driver - I tried switching
to the NVidia driver from RPMFusion but there's no improvement. My
resolution is 1920X1200 I'm using a Hanns-G monitor and it's being
correctly detected. Can anyone offer a suggestion as to other
trouble-shooting methods?
--
Claude Jones Brunswick, MD, USA