Fedora and Garamond (LaTeX) fonts

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Mon Mar 31 15:34:33 UTC 2014

On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 17:14:02 +0200 Andras Simon <szajmi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been trying my luck at using Garamond fonts in LaTeX with
> > Fedora. From the repo, I found
> >
> > texlive-ebgaramond-svn30741.0.15__2013_05_22_-4.fc20.noarch
> >
> > and installed it. I got LaTeX to compile my document, however, I am
> > unable to get the boldface fonts. Not sure why this is, so can someone
> > suggest how I can get boldface fonts to work.
>
> Unfortunately, "Currently only upright and italic variants in medium
> weight are available."
> --http://ctan.ijs.si/tex-archive/fonts/ebgaramond/README

Thanks! Do you know how to substitute some other fonts for boldface? I
am using this with latex (not pdflatex).

> > According to this website (which uses garamond as opposed to
> > ebgaramond fonts), I should be able to get it to work. (I wonder what
> > the difference between the garamond and ebgaramond packages are, if
> > any.)
> >
> > http://gael-varoquaux.info/computers/garamond/index.html
> >
> > Can anyone please help with what I am missing?
>
> Looking at the top of that page I get the impression that they're very
> different packages. You may have more luck with the other package, but
> I'd do a thorough google search for the available options.

Thanks! The other alternative is to try and make an SRPM out of this.
However, I am unable to find the SRPM for texlive-ebgaramond -- where
is this? It does not appear to be in:

http://mirror.pnl.gov/fedora/linux/releases/20/Everything/source/SRPMS/t/

Many thanks,
Ranjan