Fedora and Garamond (LaTeX) fonts

Andras Simon szajmi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 15:14:02 UTC 2014

> Hi,
>
> I have been trying my luck at using Garamond fonts in LaTeX with
> Fedora. From the repo, I found
>
> texlive-ebgaramond-svn30741.0.15__2013_05_22_-4.fc20.noarch
>
> and installed it. I got LaTeX to compile my document, however, I am
> unable to get the boldface fonts. Not sure why this is, so can someone
> suggest how I can get boldface fonts to work.

Unfortunately, "Currently only upright and italic variants in medium
weight are available."
--http://ctan.ijs.si/tex-archive/fonts/ebgaramond/README

> According to this website (which uses garamond as opposed to
> ebgaramond fonts), I should be able to get it to work. (I wonder what
> the difference between the garamond and ebgaramond packages are, if
> any.)
>
> http://gael-varoquaux.info/computers/garamond/index.html
>
> Can anyone please help with what I am missing?

Looking at the top of that page I get the impression that they're very
different packages. You may have more luck with the other package, but
I'd do a thorough google search for the available options.

HTH,
Andras