Acrobat fonts compared to Evince fonts

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu May 15 02:02:58 UTC 2014

On 05/14/2014 02:47 PM, Anthony Shipman wrote:
> On Thu, 15 May 2014 05:16:16 am Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> OK.  That points to an rpm.  I downloaded it and did a 'yum
>> localinstall' which also installed cabextract as a dependency.
>>
>> And still Acrobat is using the wrong font.  :(
>>
> It seemed to take a little time before the system started using the new fonts.
> I actually had the fonts come good while reading through the document which
> was strange.
>
> pdffonts is in poppler-utils. Find out what fonts your document
> requires.
$ pdffonts predraft7_P802-15-9_Draft_Standard.pdf
name                                 type encoding         emb sub uni
object ID
------------------------------------ ----------------- ----------------
--- --- --- ---------
Times New Roman,Bold                 TrueType WinAnsi          no  no
no     306  0
ABCDEE+Times,Bold                    TrueType WinAnsi          yes yes
no     309  0
Times New Roman                      TrueType WinAnsi          no  no
no     312  0
Arial                                TrueType WinAnsi          no  no
no     240  0
Arial,Bold                           TrueType WinAnsi          no  no
no     243  0
Arial,Bold                           CID TrueType Identity-H       yes
no  yes    237  0
Times New Roman                      TrueType WinAnsi          no  no
no     238  0
Arial                                CID TrueType Identity-H       yes
no  yes    248  0
Symbol                               CID TrueType Identity-H       yes
no  yes    251  0
Arial,Italic                         TrueType WinAnsi          no  no
no     246  0
Times New Roman,Bold                 TrueType WinAnsi          no  no
no     255  0
Times New Roman,BoldItalic           TrueType WinAnsi          no  no
no     258  0
Times New Roman,Italic               TrueType WinAnsi          no  no
no     257  0
Times New Roman,BoldItalic           CID TrueType Identity-H       yes
no  yes    263  0
Times New Roman                      CID TrueType Identity-H       yes
no  yes    270  0
Times New Roman,Bold                 CID TrueType Identity-H       yes
no  yes    266  0
ABCDEE+CALIBRI                       TrueType WinAnsi          yes yes
no     272  0
Times New Roman,Italic               CID TrueType Identity-H       yes
no  yes    279  0

And this time when I opened the pdf in acrobat it came up with readable
fonts.

THANKS EVERYONE!

This wil alsol probably fix my Libreoffice presentation .ppt files being
viewed on Powerpoint and the otherway around.