printer

Patrick Dupre pdupre at gmx.com
Sun May 25 14:11:56 UTC 2014

 Patrick DUPRÉ                                 | | email: pdupre at gmx.com
 Laboratoire de Physico-Chimie de l'Atmosphère | |
 Université du Littoral-Côte d'Opale           | |
 Tel.  (33)-(0)3 28 23 76 12                   | | Fax: 03 28 65 82 44
 189A, avenue Maurice Schumann                 | | 59140 Dunkerque, France

I am not sure that there is not confusion.

> On 05/25/14 20:57, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> > I did this in private. But it did not help.
> > Hence, I should probably submit it to bugzilla.
>
> If Tim Waugh can't help you, then nobody can.   He did ask you to file a bugzilla as the best option.
Thank to tell me!

> In any event.....  I noticed the message "HP-Laser-P1500" is not configured using hp-setup utility"   Is that a "true" statement?
Yes, it is what can read.

 And if it is a true statement, then why don't you use the HP Utilities with hplip?
Then I do not understand.
I use the fedora tools, probably cups to add the printer.
When I use the HP tools. the printer seems working: printer active, etc....
I "can" print, but there is no output.
Then. using fedora, the only way to have the printer really working is to
remove the printer (using "-") and to add it again (using "+"). It is when
the statement "HP-Laser-P1500" is not configured using hp-setup utility" comes up.
For me this statment is generated by hp-setup (device discovery)!
What should I do?
I am confused.

  I've used those and have had no problems over the years.