Evolution 3.10.4 and Fedora 20

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 12:36:18 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-11-09 at 19:03 -0600, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> I have about 6 desktop's running F20 with evolution 3.10.4 that have had
> problems related to the desktop gui 'freezing'.  I can go to a terminal
> interface by hitting <cntrl><alt>F2, and when I toggle back to the gui
> it is still not usable.   The screen is filled with the last object
> displayed in this case it is always evolution that does not respond, and
> I am unable to switch to anything else on the gui.  All panels are
> unaddressable.
>
> At first I thought the problem was gpaste so I removed it on a test
> desktop.  The symptoms appeared less often but were still present.  It
> seems to hang with evolution.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?  Can anyone help me debug this.

You don't say which desktop you're running. I run Evolution under KDE
for example, and had some minor problems around when F20 was released,
due to some missing Gnome packages. Not the same as what you describe,
but still related to GUI issues.

In any case, you might find it useful to ask on the Evolution list. See

poc