User friendly proxy configuration

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Nov 14 12:04:08 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-11-14 at 11:01 +0100, Alexis Jeandet wrote:
> So my question is: Is there any way to have a centralised proxy config
> with a simple GUI?

If you look through the configuration menus (of course this is harder if
you use a desktop that has abandoned putting things in organised menus),
you'll find an item called something like "network proxy."  It lets that
user specify a proxy, and various applications will make use of that
information.  Not all, but this is no worse than Windows, where you have
to separately configure a plethora of internet applications.

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.16.7-200.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Thu Oct 30 18:40:30 UTC 2014 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.