HP Envy Touchpad button problems

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Mon Nov 17 11:31:21 UTC 2014

Onwards and upwards. I'm going for a micro USB WIFI adaptor to fix my wireless
problem so I'm now moving onto my touchpad.

The problem I have is that unlike traditional touch pads the left and right
mouse buttons on this laptop are part of the touch pad itself. The problem
I'm experiencing here is that when I press the lower left or lower right
corner to activate the mouse buttons the mouse pointer also moves.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

One option for the left button is a single tap of the pad.  This laptop is
(unfortunately) Win8 dual boot.  In Win8, if I tap the middle of the touch
pad, it acts like a left button click. Is there any way to do the same in
Linux - I'm using F20 with KDE.

Also, on the DELL I had the following script which turned on 3-button
emulation.

Anyone got any suggestions how I could do this better on the HP?

#!/bin/bash

X='/usr/bin/xinput'

for F in `$X list|grep Logitech|cut -d = -f 2|cut -c1-3` ; do
  $X set-prop $F "Evdev Middle Button Emulation" 1
done

Gary