OT: NFS and iOS -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Nov 20 20:29:40 UTC 2014

On 11/20/14 14:21, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:

> I took a break and later realized that I already had a copy of the
> data in /nfs4exports/data! So instead of taking it from the other NFS
> server I simply rsync'd it to /DATAsmb/Data/. That's running now and
> will take some time since it's large. However that's not the ideal
> solution either since now I have a second copy of the large file on
> the Raid1 server ...

Now I have another problem I can't handle:

/dev/sdb1            699G  116G  583G  17% /home
/dev/sda1            494M  171M  323M  35% /boot
//localhost/myshare   50G   50G  4.9M 100% /DATA

myshare.DATA is full and the rsync is stalled. I don't know how to reset
the size, actually I would prefer that it have access to all available
space. I really don't want the drives whacked up into separate systems.
I may yum remove samba and start over now that I see some of the problems?

I see netatalk ight be a better way to deal with the Apple devices? But
I know they all work with samba. I guess I need to read and think some
more about this, I'm already in over my head.

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD
box10  Fedora-20/64bit Linux/XFCE