Please keep F20 up-to-date (if you can't hold release dates)

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 1 15:32:17 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 01, 2014 at 04:51:50PM +0200, Gerhard Hueller wrote:
> > If you are very eager for the latest — and it sounds like you are! — I
> > encourage you to try the alpha release, or even run Rawhide, as I do.
> I did that, but rawhide is built with debug compiler options and therefore
> notably slower (at least phoronix benchmarks say so) - and it usually
> breaks quite regulary.

Not all of Rawhide is built that way. The primary place where it matters is
the kernel. If you add the nodebug kernel repository from

  <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RawhideKernelNodebug>,

you can get kernels without that.

And it breaks less frequently than it used to. :)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>