Display resolution -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri Oct 3 17:47:39 UTC 2014

On 10/02/14 13:12, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

>> Nothing I have tried seems to work except xrandr.
>
> You don't need to use system-config-display. Just plop a similar
> xorg.conf file with timing data appropriate for your monitor. I though
> you had already collected that and should be able to use it instead of
> the timing data I had.

It seemed everything I tried would quit in the boot process at lightdm
before the login GUI came up. I gave up on that and simply added the
xrandr lines to a script I run anyway to set up other things I want done
like mapping keys, etc. And I decided to use the monitor on the Fedora
21 computer instead of this one. So everything works, just not an
elegant solution ...

Thanks,

Bob

--