Latest updates for mate no longer remember what gui apps were running in previous login.

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Oct 15 16:23:58 UTC 2014

Allegedly, on or about 14 October 2014, jd1008 sent:
> Speaking of windows, which so many of my firnds and acquaintances use,
> I find myself always in demand to properly disinfect them so they can
> get back to doing whatever it is they do with it.

I got out that some time ago, by repeatedly letting them know that I've
never regretted dumping Windows and using Linux instead (to rub salt
into their wounds), and telling them I don't keep up to date with
knowing how to fix Windows, any more, because I don't need to.  And to
further enhance the issue, I point out that I don't need to manage Linux
in the way that Windows needs it.

> They have refused to switch to any version of linux because somehow
> they find it difficult to learn new tricks (i.e. keystrokes, and mouse
> clicks) :)

Are they still on Windows 98?  ;-)  I would have thought that the
complete screw up, and radical changes, with Windows 7 & 8 would have
driven people away in droves.  I think they only really managed to get
away with forcing people onto it because they're addicted to Windows and
Microsoft forcefully abandoned XP.  People never really liked Vista,
either, but they tended to stick with XP.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

public lists.

ZNQR LBH YBBX