Yum update accident -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat Oct 18 12:28:16 UTC 2014

On 10/18/14 07:59, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>> > What should I do to recover?
> Show output of:
>
>    yum list nss-softokn-freebl
>    rpm -qa nss-softokn-freebl\*

[root at box10 bobg]# yum list nss-softokn-freebl
Loaded plugins: langpacks, refresh-packagekit
Installed Packages
nss-softokn-freebl.i686
3.17.1-2.fc20                                               @updates
nss-softokn-freebl.x86_64
3.17.1-2.fc20                                               @updates
nss-softokn-freebl.x86_64 3.17.2-1.fc20 installed
Available Packages
nss-softokn-freebl.i686
3.17.2-1.fc20                                               updates

[root at box10 bobg]# rpm -qa nss-softokn-freebl\*
nss-softokn-freebl-3.17.2-1.fc20.x86_64
nss-softokn-freebl-3.17.1-2.fc20.x86_64
nss-softokn-freebl-3.17.1-2.fc20.i686

> Current state of your installation needs to be examined and compared
> with what is available in the repositories.
>
> nss-softokn-freebl-3.17.2-1.fc20 is a rather recent update (Oct 17th)
> and usually is available for both x86_64 and i686 in the repo at the same
> time. Sometime, user had installed the latest package for i686 without
> installing the x86_64 build, and afterwards went on to accessing older
> repository contents where only the previous version is available.
> "yum clean metadata" then retrying sometimes fixes it together with
> either another "yum update" or a "yum distro-sync" (which may downgrade
> packages temporarily, however, so be careful!).
I thought perhaps "yum clean metadata" might be the thing to try but I
really don't know what I'm doing in this case.

This is an updated system as of yesterday and yum downloaded a new 3.17
kernel this morning but has not been booted yet of course.

It looks like yum clean etadata is worth a try then?

Thanks,

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD