XBMC Missing NFS Support

Stephen Morris samorris at netspace.net.au
Thu Oct 23 22:41:24 UTC 2014

On 10/24/2014 12:07 AM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> On 10/22/2014 05:04 PM, Stephen Morris wrote:
>> Hi Michael,
>>      Thankyou for your response. I do have the share mounted and XBMC
>> doesn't
>> present that either. It presents every mount point I have except that
>> one.
>
> You will need to navigate to that mount point. Start at root (/) and
> navigate down your tree. XBMC does not need any special support to see
> your mounted shares. The NFS support you are asking for is to access
> the shares without mounting.
Sorry, what I was referring to was, when I select Vidoes->Files->Add
Video Source, and then select Browse in the dialog popped up, to add a
new share point as the source, the resultant dialog has an entry for
every mount point I have except the nfs mount point. Besides my nfs
share, I have 3 mount points for fedora partitions, 3 mount points for
Ubuntu partitions, and, 3 mount points for Windows partitions, and the
navigation listed above shows all 9 of those mount points as well as
normal 'root filesystem' and samba etc. I can navigate to the nfs mount
point using 'Root filesystem', but why should I have to when it is
already mounted? I would expect it to behave like all the other mount
points and be listed as a mount selection.
As a side issue, XBMC/KODI for Android also show usb ports in its
selection list as they are mount points under /mnt, will XBMC for Fedora
not show any usb ports until something is mounted on them, and as Fedora
mounts usb devices under /run/media, will XBMC detect those or only
detect them if mounted under /mnt?

regards,
Steve