Making rc.local work on F20.

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Oct 26 06:19:40 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-10-25 at 21:25 -0400, Derrik Walker v2.0 wrote:
> First thing I did was:
>
> # cd/etc

Typo, there, too.  I think this is what you meant, getting rid of all
the typos into one list, together, and inserting what you probably did
do first:

su -

cd /etc
echo '#!/bin/bash' > rc.d/rc.local
ln -s rc.d/rc.local rc.local
chmod 755 rc.d/rc.local
vi /etc/rc.local

It's actually a rather neat example of the command line way of doing
things, as a person can play cut and paste with this, and replicate it,
themselves, with the minimum of fuss (with only the first and last
things needing interaction, the middle lines could be cut and pasted as
one blob).  Compared to the GUI alternative, with a long winded list of
instructions that the person would have to act out, and the list would
be different depending on which desktop GUI you were using.

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.16.6-200.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Wed Oct 15 13:48:38 UTC 2014 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.