A Linux for the totally maintenance free

Steven Rosenberg stevenhrosenberg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 17:17:53 UTC 2014

Fedup has been working very well for me over the F18-20 period, and
that relative easy of use has kept me running Fedora for the past year
and a half.

I don't know if this is something on the Fedora roadmap, but a
graphical version of Fedup would go a long way toward making many
users more comfortable updating their Fedora system.

While I'm not crazy about updating every six months, Fedora's practice
of continually pushing new kernels into "stable" releases combined
with the fact that changes over six months are by nature less radical
than those over two (or four or five) years should mean that the
chances of an upgrade from version to version succeeding are higher.

Especially for new hardware, Fedora works very, very well because you
get new kernels and other bits all the time, and you don't necessarily
have to wait for the next distro release to start seeing things work
better.
--
Steven Rosenberg
http://stevenrosenberg.net/blog