A Linux for the totally maintenance free

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 02:41:03 UTC 2014

On 10/27/2014 11:17 AM, Steven Rosenberg wrote:
> Fedup has been working very well for me over the F18-20 period, and
> that relative easy of use has kept me running Fedora for the past year
> and a half.
>
> I don't know if this is something on the Fedora roadmap, but a
> graphical version of Fedup would go a long way toward making many
> users more comfortable updating their Fedora system.
>
> While I'm not crazy about updating every six months, Fedora's practice
> of continually pushing new kernels into "stable" releases combined
> with the fact that changes over six months are by nature less radical
> than those over two (or four or five) years should mean that the
> chances of an upgrade from version to version succeeding are higher.
>
> Especially for new hardware, Fedora works very, very well because you
> get new kernels and other bits all the time, and you don't necessarily
> have to wait for the next distro release to start seeing things work
> better.
> --
> Steven Rosenberg
> http://stevenrosenberg.net/blog
> http://blogs.dailynews.com/click
> stevenhrosenberg at gmail.com
> steven at stevenrosenberg.net

Thank you Johnny.
The lady I am trying to help does not even want to have to do
any updates. She wants it all so atutomatic, that once I configure
her network, and her desktop icons, she wants the installation to
maintain itself.
In a lot of ways, windoze does this for their users, albeit, does not
protect them from malware.