One of my systems stalls at start-up

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at alice.it
Tue Sep 9 05:21:23 UTC 2014

Ed Greshko ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on 09/09/2014 02:31:
> On 09/09/14 08:13, Rick Stevens wrote:

>>> No.....  Remember I said to start in "single user mode" so it is *expected* that it will start in the DOWN status.
>>>
>>> I just wanted to verify that the link is shown as existing.
>>
>> If the link is down, the boot probably hasn't stalled, but assuming
>> things like sendmail and such are configured, it can take a LONG time to
>> come up because DNS resolution will have time out before things will
>> continue.
>
> One thing is true.....
>
> Nobody asked the OP how long he let the system sit before he decided it was "stalled".
>
> So, I ask that now.....
>
> How long, Antonio, did you wait for the system to come up the login screen before you decided it was "stalled".

1) In a "normal" operation (but I am online by wireless card):
systemctl status network.service
network.service - LSB: Bring up/down networking
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/rc.d/init.d/network)
    Active: inactive (dead)

2) Ed, do you mean that waiting for a minute or two is too short? :-)

3) I repeat, this behaviour is not constant

Waiting for your advice. Tnx to all
--
Antonio M
Skype: amontag52