fedora20: samba4: getent passwd (and group) not work property

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Mon Sep 29 12:10:54 UTC 2014

Il giorno lun, 29/09/2014 alle 12.39 +0100, James Hogarth ha scritto:
> Enumeration is disabled by default for performance reasons.
>
> If you really want that as enumerate = true to the domain section of
> your sssd.conf

Thanks for reply, James.

But I known nothing about SSSD, and my sssd service is disabled and
inactive:

> [root at s-backup ~]# systemctl status sssd
> sssd.service - System Security Services Daemon
>    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/sssd.service; disabled)
>    Active: inactive (dead)

And the command "find /etc -name sssd.conf|wc -l" show 0

And if I "yum remove sssd*" only this unused service and our component
sssd-* is removed.

Is it bind in some way to samba?

It must be configure it and start it?

At this point: There is a Fedora samba howto witch show to me how to
configure samba on Fedora?

Many thanks for reply.

--
Dario Lesca
(inviato dal mio Linux Fedora 20 con Gnome 3.10.4)