SD card programing -

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Apr 29 20:49:07 UTC 2015

On 04/29/2015 10:46 AM, bobgoodwin at wildblue.net wrote:

> I just received a Raspberry Pi 2b as a birthday gift. Apparently the
> operating system must be stored on an micro-SD card, the o/s can be
> downloaded but I have to get the SD card and whatever is required to
> program it from Fedora 21 or 22, or buy one preprogrammed.
>
> Perhaps someone with experience there can enlighten as to what I need
> to order to do this?

For the Pi 2b you want to get on the F22 beta which is almost done:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM

I work with the Cubieboards with F22 and hopefully soon the Centos7
port.  Discussions I have had indicate that they have not come out with
the best armv7 board out there, not even for the money.

You can go through the fedora-arm list to see what has been done with
your board: