SD card programing -

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 02:07:38 UTC 2015

On 04/29/2015 07:48 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:

> Well once I knew what to ask for my daughter had a Memory Card Reader,
> a "High Speed 55 in 1 card reader" that has connectors for 5 different
> types of devices. And I think I can find an SD card in my camera I can
> borrow if I don't get one first, so I'm making progress there. However
> the Raspberry project is secondary until I get this computer done. UPS
> delivered the new hard drive late this afternoon, it is installed and
> I have F22b installed on it and am in fact typing this message in
> Thunderbird from it although it is not completely configured as I want
> it.
>
> I now have two F22  systems on separate drives, can just select the
> drive I want to boot. The only change I've made is to groupinstall
> xfce-desktop. The object is to see if this system will display the
> iPhone text messages that I can't with the first F22 install.
>
> I guess I should buy at least a 16 gig micro SD card? What is the life
> expectancy of one with this use?
>
> Thanks to all for the suggestions,
>
> Bob

I have not seen any sd card that explicitly states how many writes (per
block) it can
sustain before a read returns bad data. There are only estimates.
Even if stated, it is at least somewhat exaggerated.

My best experience is with NAND flash cards.
NAND cards are very pricey!!

On Ebay, cheapest NAND sd card I found was
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-2-1GB-STEC-SLSD1GBBSIU-WITH-SAMSUNG-SLC-NAND-FLASH-SD-CARD-/170889553586?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c9cfa6b2

and sells for $140.97  including shipping.