name of bluray drive

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Fri Dec 11 19:35:57 UTC 2015

On 12/11/2015 10:56 AM, jd1008 wrote:
> But, /dev still has no device named blueray or br or br0. Ditto with dvd.
> I have had to manually create dvd link to sr0.
> Interestingly, cdrom is there.
>
> since what user creates disappears at reboot, I have added the creation of
> /dev/dvd in rc.local.
>
> So, what should the blueray device be called in /dev? bd? br? bdr?

Why do you believe Blu-ray devices should be named "bd*"?

Optical devices, within the past handful of years, have been labeled "sr0" by the
kernel, and only symlinked to "cdrom" by a udev rule. This convention occurs
regardless of optical type.

If you wish for additional symlinks you may create custom udev rules to do so, but I
have no idea why the names would be that important to you.