Fedora 23 and 4K monitors?

Justin Moore justin.nonwork at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 14:25:25 UTC 2015

> > I'm running Fedora
> > 23 with a GeForce 750 Ti card using the NVidia drivers.
>
> The very card I'm using at work with my Samsung U28D590 monitor
> and the display port output. (I never got the cheesy audio
> connection on the Samsung to work, but I don't really need it
> with speakers plugged into the computer directly).

Thanks. Which version of the nvidia drivers are you using? Do you ever have
problems where the monitor loses the displayport signal and you have to
power cycle the monitor and/or computer? It looks like the U28E590 is the
newer version of this monitor; is anyone at your work using that monitor,
or is it all the 'D' revision?

I've been able to get my monitor working over HDMI, but that only does 4K
at 30Hz, which looks pretty bad when trying to watch video. It'd be nice to
get a better refresh rate.

Thanks,
-jdm