Fedora 23 and 4K monitors?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 14:48:54 UTC 2015

On Thu, 24 Dec 2015 09:25:25 -0500
Justin Moore wrote:

> Thanks. Which version of the nvidia drivers are you using? Do you ever have
> problems where the monitor loses the displayport signal and you have to
> power cycle the monitor and/or computer? It looks like the U28E590 is the
> newer version of this monitor; is anyone at your work using that monitor,
> or is it all the 'D' revision?

There is a newer nvidia driver, but I'm using the akmod-nvidia-340xx
version from rpmfusion because that was the first version that appeared
on rpmfusion. The video is pretty much flawless, I've never seen any
problems that needed power cycling.

I think there is only one other 4K monitor around that was purchased
at about the same time, so I suspect it is the same D version.