The Fedora Store is live!

Joshua Allen Holm holmja at openmailbox.org
Sun Feb 8 03:09:01 UTC 2015

On 2015-02-07 18:40, Carlos "casep" Sepulveda wrote:
> On 29 January 2015 at 07:00, Ruth Suehle <rsuehle at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It's been a long time coming, but we now have a store for
>> Fedora-branded
>> items!
>>
>> https://redhat.corpmerchandise.com/ProductList.aspx?did=20588
>>
>> It's a part of the Red Hat Cool Stuff Store because that was the
>> easiest way
>> for us to be able to maintain an inventory. The list of available
>> items is
>> currently four (a pub glass, a t-shirt, a cap, and a water bottle) as
>> test. The best way you can help fill the store with more items is to
>> buy the
>> things that are there to prove that people want Fedora-branded
>> goodies. So
>> get shopping!
>>

> Hi:
> I tried to complete an order, unsuccessfully because of some shipping
> issues. The worst part is that when I tried to contact support they
> told me
> "I did notice however you are not using a @ redhat.com email.
> This is required to place an order."
>
> So, it's an "employee only thing"?
>
> Thanks!

Red Hat employees do get shipping paid for using the corporate FedEx
account, which might be why support told you an @redhat.com email is
required, but you can shop as a general consumer (and pay for shipping).

Check to see if your "Shopper Type" is set to "General Consumer" not
"Red Hat Employee" in the settings on
https://redhat.corpmerchandise.com/Customer.aspx

If it is set to the wrong thing, that might be the cause of your
problems.

--
Joshua Allen Holm, M.L.I.S., M.Ed.
Opensource.com Community Moderator