Nouveau driver is slow in Fedora 21

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Jan 6 06:24:49 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jan 05, 2015 at 19:16:14 -0800,
  Jonathan Ryshpan <jonrysh at pacbell.net> wrote:
>Scrolling is painfully slow in Firefox using the nouveau driver under
>Fedora 21.  In fact the whole system seems slow, but that's another
>issue.  Has anyone tried out the proprietary driver for my system, which
>is:

The 3.19 kernel has some Nouveau fixes and is probably worth a quick try.
There will be a 3.19 fedora kernel built for rawhide tomorrow, that should
work on f21.

mesa-10.4.1 is in updates testing and if you aren't using that, you might
try that. Develoment versions of mesa are in rawhide and those might work
in f21 as well.