End of 32-bit support?

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Tue Jan 20 06:50:17 UTC 2015

On 01/19/2015 08:24 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Note that this is all from a blog post.:)

It is unfortunate that site writes sensational headlines on a random few words.

> There's not been any formal proposal, or even discussion on the devel
> list. Phoronix seems to be picking up any scrap of news. I guess it's
> flattering that Fedora is worth the scrutiny.

To further back up Kevin a 32-bit environment must stay around, if not for Linux
apps, but for Windows apps.  In order to run a super-majority of Windows
software with wine, we will need to keep 32-bit around and I will be at the
front of any opposition to removing 32-bit from Fedora.

However, I will not stop the installer or kernel for 32-bit from being dropped.