trying to install kvm

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 16:06:54 UTC 2015

On 21.01.2015 15:52, Sudhir Khanger wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 21, 2015 03:25:05 PM poma wrote:
>> Of course when you take marketing seriously when says that something is
>> faster.
>>

> They are marketing a good product. There is nothing wrong with that. I don't
> know what's your experience been with Android emulator and Genymotion but
> Genymotion is generally a good product.

Don't deflect Sudhir.

Is not this your words?
  If your system doesn't support hardware visualization then kvm won't be able
  to do anything.

  Generally, Genymotion [1] is faster than stock Android emulator. And it will
  save you configuration headaches. You should give it a try.

And when I asked you - What makes it faster than stock emu, you answered:

  I don't know of the technical reasons. ...

First you recommend something that is questionable faster, moreover you can not confirm or explain.
And it's a total failure to recommend someone a product which requires VT-x or AMD-V, and that someone is in the absence of this functionality.

Bravo maestro!