Virtual CD/DVD burner for Fedora

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Fri Jan 23 19:14:38 UTC 2015

On 01/23/2015 10:43 AM, jd1008 wrote:
> googled for a virtual cd/dvd burner but all I could find
> was cdemu, which is not a burner but a rom.
>
> Any info on a virtual cd/dvd burner would be greatly appreciated.

cdemu V3.0.x emulates a burner now, but I don't see what use a virtual
burner is unless you're writing your own burning software and want to
see how it handles fake hardware. The only real test is on real
hardware and as many different makes as you can get your grubby mitts
on!

If all you're trying to do is create an ISO image, just use brasero or
xfburn to create the image. Mount that .iso using a loopback and the
iso9660 filesystem to see if it's legit. Simple.