Virtual CD/DVD burner for Fedora

Philip Keogh pkeogh at compusoftcs.com
Fri Jan 23 19:42:59 UTC 2015

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015, jd1008 wrote:
> cdemu is not available for fedora. I found its sources on
> on sourceforge, but there is no info on how to integrate all that
> into a single install file. As it is, it is way to fragmented.
> Not clear if all one needs is the client or the daemon or both,
> not to mention the other 3 or more packages listed on sourceforge,
> If you have info on a fedora cdemu for fedora, please share.

The cdemu team recommends using alien to convert the DEB packages to RPM and
then tweaking the resulting post-install scripts as needed:
http://cdemu.sourceforge.net/project/

You could also just download the tarballs and follow the directions in the
INSTALL files provided.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdemu/