What the "H" is Chrome and Firefox doing ??

Mickey binarynut at comcast.net
Wed Jan 28 02:52:32 UTC 2015

On 01/27/2015 09:30 PM, g wrote:
> well, you have not posted back for some reason or other and while
> my biorhythm shows my intellect is still positive, i decided to
>
> this post is where we have had "failure to communicate".
>
> you question of '3]', but seem to have failed to comment about having
> done '2]', which is a very crucial step in finding problem.
>
> see below.
>
> On 01/23/2015 09:25 PM, Mickey wrote:

>>> *SWAG*
>>>
>>> 1] with firefox closed;
>>>
>>> in directory ~/.cache/,mozilla run command
>>>
>>> rm -fR *
>>>
>>> in directory ~/.mozilla/firefox/*.default
>>>
>>> rm -f lock
>>>
>>> open firefox.
>>>
>>> 2] restart firefox 'Restart with Add-ons Disabled'.
>>>
>>> 3] with firefox open, press <ctrl+shift+j> to open 'Browser
>>> Console', click [Clear], close console, close firefox. open
>>> firefox, once it opens, press <ctrl+shift+j> to open 'Browser
>>> Console' again, check logging for any clues.
>>>

>> g , Where is the logging file ?
> *BELOW*
>
> i have been trying to find some js errors on my system, but as of
> yet, none have appeared.
>
> i decided to play with the errors that i did have. my recall kick
> in about one of the things that i used to find where i was having
> problems.
>
> some of the errors showed the path to the directory;
>
>     file:///home/geo/.mozilla/firefox/bsyq4708.default/extensions/
>
> this is where add-ons are stored.
>
> so, open your 'browser console' again and look thru the logs for any
> reference to your extensions.
>
> because the refs are mostly to a coded name, you can find out what
> extension it is with firefox window active, press <alt+h>,<t> to
> open the tab for "Troubleshooting Information", and press <ctrl+f>
> to open find bar.
>
> back in 'browser console' window drag cursor across about 10 numbers,
> including a " - ", press <ctrl+c>.
>
> return to "Troubleshooting Information", and press <ctrl+f> to open
> find bar. press <ctrl+v> to fill search and locate the problem
> extension and make note of names.
>
> do this 4 or 5 times, then press <ctrl+shift+a> to open add-ons page
> and disable problem extensions.
>
> close firefox windows, open 'system monitor' window to 'Process Table',
> sort on 'Memory'. when you see firefox is fully closed, open it again.
>
> if problem clears, great. if not, repeat above until you have disabled
> all extensions that are causing problems.
>
> post back with what you find.

g,    Weird as it may be, the things that you pointed out did not help.

So as a last resort, I deleted the ~/.kde folder and LogOut and back in
and now everything seems to be working and no Freezes have happen.

And for some unknown reason Thunderbird wouldn't start so I deleted it
and reinstalled and now it is starting fine.

I have a strange feeling that everything is slowly falling apart.