Fedora download and application

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 4 02:01:54 UTC 2015

On 07/03/15 20:41, jd1008 wrote:
> On 07/03/2015 06:53 PM, g wrote:
>> On 07/03/15 18:33, Doug wrote:
>>> On 07/03/2015 07:22 PM, jd1008 wrote:
<<<<>>>>

>> jd1008,
>>
>> what happens to locked directories and files?
>>
>> see below for a brief of how i got laptop configured.
>
> I have not experienced that issue. Don't know how
> to answer the question.
.
then you are recommending something that you have no experiance with?

> I read your configuration, and I must say you have
> more partitions for windows than my case.
.
during time i was setting up this laptop, a toshiba satellite l455d-s5976,
i was communicating with a friend who is a 'win head'. yes, i do know
such people and i am friends with them. ;-)

he has a laptop that also has 2 hidden and 1 visible system, partitions.

i guess it is just way some oem's set things up.

> I just had the windows 7 sda1. That was it!
>
> I used a live CD to fdisk the drive as follows:
>   sda2 became  /
> sda3 became swap.
>
> install fedora from DVD
>
> Done!

some folks miss out on all the fun. ;-)

--

peace out.

-+-
If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6