GNOME applications do not respect the chosen XFCE style

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sat Jul 11 17:02:23 UTC 2015

On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 22:36:17 +0100
Paul Smith <phhs80 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am running XFCE on Fedora 22. And my problem is that the GNOME
> applications does not obey to the windows style I have chosen for XFCE
> applications. Any idea how to solve this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance,

Xfce is gtk2 based, most gnome3 applications are gtk3 based.

Setting a gtk2 theme won't change any gtk3 apps.
So, make sure you have a gtk3 based them to set them to.

xfce-theme-manager package might be of help (it lets you see all the
themes you have installed/available and lets you tweak and set them).

kevin