Fedora-22 KDE panel

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue Jul 14 13:16:30 UTC 2015

Ed Greshko wrote:

> On 07/14/15 20:19, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> Also I miss the multiple desktops I had in Fedora-21 KDE.
>> Have these been abolished in Plasma-5?
>
> In addition to what poc said, there are still multiple virtual desktops.
> I'm running 6.  The one thing that is currently missing, and which may be
> being  worked, is the inability to have different wallpaper on each
> virtual desktop.
>
> Go to System-Settings--->Workspace--->Desktop Behavior--->Virtual Desktops
> to define your desired settings.

I don't have Workspace in my System-Settings -
I only have Personal, Hardware and System.
I seem to be missing something ...

But is this bar at the top of my display a panel?
It has 3 segments - Activities (on the left), which takes me to Favourites,
Data/Time (in the center) which also tells me about e-mail arrivals,
and a tray (on the right) which opens a small window with 3 icons
which I take to be System Settings, Screen Lock, and Shutdown/Restart.
(That is the only way I see to go to System Settings.)

Some things work well in Fedora-22 -
I don't mind writing dnf instead of yum (doesn't sound so nice)
and it seems to be significantly faster.
The display seems to me a little better on my ThinkPad T510.
I was surprised that my Firefox, KNode and KMail settings
were automatically updated - I assume that the data is saved
somewhere in my home folder.
The loss of the old panel is slightly annoying, but that is all.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net