thunderbird+enigmail issue on fedora 21

François Patte francois.patte at mi.parisdescartes.fr
Fri Jul 17 10:39:46 UTC 2015

Le 17/07/2015 10:34, Ed Greshko a écrit :

> On 07/17/15 16:15, François Patte wrote:
>
> At the moment, I don't have an idea of what could be wrong with
> T-Bird+enigmail in your environment.  I've not seen a failure such as
> this one.  Thought it could be tied to selinux...but if you have it
> disabled on Fedora then that can't be it.  It still may be a strange
> interaction with having shared /home between distros.
>
> For a test, you may consider creating a new user under Fedora and
> configure anew.

So. I opened an account for John Doe, succeeded to configure TB with my
email address (<rant> You can use the button "manually setup" only when
TB searches in mozilla database, if you wait until it has finished you
are dead! That's a clever configuration with does not fit so much with
high speed connections...</rant>)

1-  [jd at dipankar ~]$ ls -Zd .gnupg/
drwx------. jd jd unconfined_u:object_r:gpg_secret_t:s0 .gnupg//

OK.

2- I transferred my gpg stuff from my account into jd's .gnupg folder
and tried to send a signed email... Same result: this does not work but
TB key manager is able to see the key, etc.

3- So, I generated a new gpg key for John Doe (with my email address as
id) and discover a problem here:

at the end of the process, I get:

 gpg: /home/jd/.gnupg/trustdb.gpg : base de confiance créée
gpg: clef 1CC275B6 marquée de confiance ultime.
les clefs publique et secrète ont été créées et signées.

this means that the public and secret keys have been created, *but*:

]$ gpg --edit-key francois.patte at mi.parisdescates.fr
gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.19; Copyright (C) 2015 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

gpg: clef « francois.patte at mi.parisdescates.fr » introuvable : clef
publique introuvable

gpg cannot find the public key......

What can I do now, me, a mere mortal!!!