thunderbird+enigmail issue on fedora 21

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Fri Jul 17 12:17:52 UTC 2015

On 07/17/15 18:39, François Patte wrote:
> Le 17/07/2015 10:34, Ed Greshko a écrit :
>> On 07/17/15 16:15, François Patte wrote:
>>
>> At the moment, I don't have an idea of what could be wrong with
>> T-Bird+enigmail in your environment.  I've not seen a failure such as
>> this one.  Thought it could be tied to selinux...but if you have it
>> disabled on Fedora then that can't be it.  It still may be a strange
>> interaction with having shared /home between distros.
>>
>> For a test, you may consider creating a new user under Fedora and
>> configure anew.
> So. I opened an account for John Doe, succeeded to configure TB with my
> email address (<rant> You can use the button "manually setup" only when
> TB searches in mozilla database, if you wait until it has finished you
> are dead! That's a clever configuration with does not fit so much with
> high speed connections...</rant>)
>
> 1-  [jd at dipankar ~]$ ls -Zd .gnupg/
> drwx------. jd jd unconfined_u:object_r:gpg_secret_t:s0 .gnupg//
>
> OK.
>
> 2- I transferred my gpg stuff from my account into jd's .gnupg folder
> and tried to send a signed email... Same result: this does not work but
> TB key manager is able to see the key, etc.
>
> 3- So, I generated a new gpg key for John Doe (with my email address as
> id) and discover a problem here:
>
> at the end of the process, I get:
>
>  gpg: /home/jd/.gnupg/trustdb.gpg : base de confiance créée
> gpg: clef 1CC275B6 marquée de confiance ultime.
> les clefs publique et secrète ont été créées et signées.
>
> this means that the public and secret keys have been created, *but*:
>
> ]$ gpg --edit-key francois.patte at mi.parisdescates.fr
> gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.19; Copyright (C) 2015 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
>
> gpg: clef « francois.patte at mi.parisdescates.fr » introuvable : clef
> publique introuvable
>
> gpg cannot find the public key......
>
> What can I do now, me, a mere mortal!!!

First, for completeness...

ls -lZ ~/.gnupg

And you are running these versions?

thunderbird-enigmail-1.8.2-1.fc21.x86_64
thunderbird-31.7.0-1.fc21.x86_64

If you do a

gpg --list-public-keys     you don't see your public key?

I have an F21 VM and I just did what I think all of what you did and I was able to send a signed message without trouble.  I'm using KDE as my desktop

--
If I wanted a blog or social media I'd go elsewhere