Creating kvm instance remotely

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 14:39:15 UTC 2015

Hi,
I have a fedora22 server with libvirt/kvm/qemu installed and would
like to use it to create a number of kvm virtual instances remotely,
non-interactively, according to my parameters (memory, disk layout,
package options, etc).

I'm aware of kickstart, but have never used it. Is that the best
option, or is something like chef or puppet easier?

I'd really like to create a basic 8GB, 1G RAM fedora22 server setup
with a minimal install.

I've experimented with virt-install, but that apparently doesn't
provide the ability to select all of the install config options like
language, disk layout, IP address, etc.

I'd appreciate any pointers to documents, or tips here, that could
help me get started doing this more quickly...

Thanks,
Alex