installing Fedora 21 or 22 on a MacBook Air 7,1

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 16:26:05 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 10:07:26PM +0700, Frederic Muller wrote:
> On 07/29/2015 08:07 PM, CS DBA wrote:
> > I installed Fedora 20 on a macbook air like this:
> >
> > 1) burned the KDE live dvd,
> >
> > 2) plugged the dvd player into the mac usb port
> >
> > 3) held down the option button while I boot the macbook
> >
> > 4) when it comes up with the boot options choose the Fedora DVD (it
> > takes a few min before it shows up)
> >
> > 5) boot off the DVD, then do the install to disk as normal
> >

> Sorry if my email wasn't clear enough: there is no disk to install
> Fedora to. The SSD drive is simply invisible.

>From a root terminal[1] in the live USB, can you see the disk with
`parted -l' or `fdisk -l'?  If yes, you could format it from the command
line, and then try starting the installer.  Needless to say backup
first.  If you can't see it even with parted, then I'm afraid I don't
have any thoughts how to proceed.

Footnotes:

[1] I think sudo should work, otherwise try su -, I think in a live
    system it is passwordless.

--
Suvayu