F22 KDE How To Remove "Software Updates" Widget? (Solved)

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Mon Jun 1 20:25:43 UTC 2015

On 06/01/2015 12:36 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Ed Greshko wrote:

>>> Thanks, Rex. Yes, that's exactly what I wanted.
>>
>> But, can't that same arbitrary user go back and re-check "Software
>> Updates"?
>>
>> I thought the goal was to really keep any user from applying updates.
>> That seems to just hide it from them and if they look around they can turn
>> it back on.
>

> Yes, if you want to be rid of it completely, then remove the package:
> plasma-pk-updates

Not being a KDE user I don't know for sure, but even if it alerts that
updates are available, a normal user can't install them unless they're
members of the "wheel" group or they have the root password, not so?
That's the way it works on XFCE IIRC.

I'm the only user on my desktop machines, so I typically have a root
shell open and do a "yum update" or "dnf update" from there.