F22 KDE How To Remove "Software Updates" Widget? (Solved)

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Mon Jun 1 23:08:55 UTC 2015

On 06/02/15 06:26, Rick Stevens wrote:
> Yes, "good" (emphasis on the quotes) is the proper way to put it.
> Updates can break stuff. Any operation that could break a functioning
> system should require root authentication. I'd bugzilla that--probably
> against polkit.

Probably a good idea to bugzilla.  I'm not a GNOME user, but I need to check what it does.  If I recall, it downloads updates in the background and installs on reboot.  I wonder if that is true for non-wheel users as well.

--
Sorta what I want to say when folks habitually complain about Fedora - https://youtu.be/ZArl8fTfub4