UPS shutdown happens how?

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 15:52:50 UTC 2015

On 06/02/2015 07:53 AM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> I told it to shutdown when battery power is critical, but
> I'm wondering who the heck recognizes that. I don't run
> a gnome session, so is there some daemon that needs to
> be working for it to actually shutdown cleanly?

If you're not running a GNOME session, I don't think the GNOME power
settings will be relevant to you.  GNOME manages power in
gnome-settings-daemon.

If your UPS is an APC model, you can use apcupsd.  However, I recommend
"nut" since it handles a wide variety of UPS types.  IIRC, you'll want
to install the "nut" and "nut-client" packages.